Bolton Valley Ski & Ride Program
|As of September 19th, all spots on the bus have been filled. We are taking names for a waitlist and are looking into whether a 2nd bus is feasible, but it will depend on how many we need to break even on a 2nd bus and if it's available. You can also still sign up for Lift tickets, lessons and rentals (with a hard copy of the registration form) if you would like to provide your own transportation. Car pooling may be an option for some people as well.|
Fridays, February 1, 8, 15, 22 March 8,
Make–up date: March 15 (if needed)
Lift Ticket: $90.00
Lesson: (1 hr. each week) $60.00
Equipment Rental: (includes skis, poles and boots, OR Snowboard and boots) $60.00
Helmet Rental: $25.00
Participants only pay for those items above that they need.
Priority will be given to 7th & 8th graders. Registration for 7th and 8th graders is open now! There are a limited number of spots available. Any remaining spots will open on Wednesday, November 14 for 5th & 6th graders to register. Registration is available Online with a credit card, or in the office using the hard copy form available at the Recreation office or download and print from the website. Registration will be first come, first serve.
Please note the deadline below is the latest we can accept registrations. However, the program may fill before the deadline.
Registration Deadline: Friday, December 21, 2018 Sorry, NO REFUNDS will be given after the registration deadline.
|Important: General Information
Please read carefully!
· We reserve the right to cancel the program if we don’t reach our minimum of 45 participants.
· There are NO REFUNDS after the registration deadline.
· This program requires a large amount of independence from the participants. Parents should be aware of their child’s emotional maturity to handle this program. They must be responsible for all of their equipment and able to make the bus on time. Participants need to ski with a buddy, as chaperones do not ski with the students. If you have any questions or concerns about this, please discuss it with our staff before registering your child.
· All participants must adhere to our behavior code on the bus and at Bolton Valley Resort. Students who cannot follow the rules may be removed from the bus or from the entire program without a refund.
· If you have any questions about the program, please call us at 802-985-9551.
|Chaperone and Ski for FREE!
Please check the box on the registration form if interested or contact the Recreation Department to sign up. You can choose which date(s) you are available to chaperone.
Four Bus Chaperones are needed for each trip to Bolton. Bus chaperones are required to arrive at the school at 2:45 to assist with loading and supervision during the trip. At Bolton, all chaperones must be available throughout the evening to help any child who requires assistance, and to provide supervision in the rental shop, cafeteria, and on the slopes. If you want to ski with the kids, you will be provided with a free lift ticket for the evening.
In addition to bus chaperones, we also need an Emergency Driver for each trip. This volunteer takes his/her own vehicle to the mountain and helps on site, but is available to drive a participant back if there is a special situation such as an injury or kid late for the bus departure. Additional Parent Volunteers who meet the group at the mountain are encouraged and welcome.
If you register as a volunteer with us, you will be eligible for a discounted lift ticket for the night. Free lift tickets are reserved for the bus chaperones and emergency drivers. Our program depends on our volunteers! Please help if you can.
All bus chaperones and the emergency driver will be required to have a background check in accordance with the Town’s policy.
Departure from Shelburne Community School:
3:00 p.m. Bus loads
3:15 p.m. Bus departs for mountain
Return from Bolton Valley:
7:00 p.m. Bus loads
7:15 p.m. Bus departs for SCS
8:00 p.m. Arrival at Shelburne Community School Participants will be traveling on a chartered coach bus by Premier.