Town Clerk & Treasurer
COVID19 Updated Procedures:
We expend a great amount of energy in making our records available online to everyone. Please continue to use USLandrecords.com as much as possible. For everyone's safety, you are allowed to access the vault by appointment only.
This is the current procedure to access our vault:
1. Please call any time 802-985-5116 to make an appointment to search.
2. You may call ahead to request your lister/tax information so we may have it ready for you to pick up.
3. Please wash your hands in the bathroom on the ground floor. And you may use the hand sanitizer dispenser on the wall as you enter the vault.
4. Please enter with a face mask. If everyone in the office is vaccinated and we are comfortable without masks, we can remove them.
5. Please pay by check or we will invoice you. We cannot accept credit cards at this time.
We are open for walk in counter services:
1. Animal Licensing
2. Catering Permits
3. Green Mountain Passports
4. Liquor Licenses
5. Marriage Licenses
6. Notary Services
7. Passport Photos and DS-82
8. Vital Records
We will open for new passport applications (DS-11) on July 6th by appointment only.
Please call 802-985-5116 to make an appointment.
Welcome to Shelburne's Town Clerk Webpage.
It is our honor and privilege to serve you, the residents of Shelburne, and all those who come through our doors. Shelburne is a beautiful place to call home with many historical places to visit and fun family events to attend.
Please contact us, if you have any questions regarding our community. We do our best to answer your questions or direct you to the person who can. We are grateful for the opportunity to serve you and our community.
Diana Vachon, Town Clerk
Town Clerk Responsibilities and Services
The office of the Town Clerk is responsible for the operation, preservation and administration of records as prescribed by law. This includes land records, elections, minutes, all vital records, grand lists and other state mandated reports.
The Town Clerk is Presiding Officer responsible for the administration and conduct of all town and general elections.
The Clerk and Assistant Clerks are ex officio Notary Publics and therefore, provide free notary services.
The Clerk's office issues licenses for animal (dogs and cats), liquor and marriages. We preserve and issue certified copies of birth certificates, death certificates and marriage licenses.
The Shelburne Town Clerk's office is a United States Passport Acceptance Facility. with two passport agents on staff, we are able to process passports Monday through Friday. Please call ahead to make an appointment, 802-985-5116.